Friday 12 October 2012

Welcome to HarriATE


Well, here we are. I am finally catching up with the rest of society and starting my very own blog.

My love of food is somewhat an obsession. This blog is going to be a scrapbook of my relationship and adventures with food. This will include recipe recommendations and edits (that I have tried myself), restaurant reviews and looking at events and where to get great food. Depending on how all this goes, I may even look at cooking accessories and products to help you become as passionate about food as I am.

I am  20 something living in her own home with a great boyfriend surrounded by great family and friends. I work full time and find that cooking is a welcome release from the stress of the day. I like to try out at least one new recipe a week to keep myself challenged and the people I feed happy.

My parents have always been amazing when it comes to developing my taste buds and encouraging me to eat new and different foods. Both Mom and Dad are excellent savory cooks and it is down to them that I feel so enthusiastic about what I eat. This spirit has made me feel excited about food and want to share my experiences with others. When I first met my boyfriend he had a somewhat traditional food spectrum barely eating tomatoes. Now he is just about as keen as me and keeps me going to try new things.

Just so you know my general rule of thumb with recipes is to follow it once, see how it goes and then change it to suit my taste. In my opinion if its good enough to make it onto print it can't be all that bad with the exception of some dietary recipes  Note to self: cheesecake with a toasted brown bread base is NEVER a good idea. It does not taste good.

Here's to the next few blogs - hope you guys enjoy.

Harriet x

NB - I am dyslexic so apologies in advance of any grammatical or spelling errors.










3 comments:

  1. Omg did you eat it?! It sounds awful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I gave it one taste and realised it was a bad idea. Ive taken that from this ALL slimming world deserts are a fail. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting and useful information that you have provided here on your post.Thanks.

    dip sets & glass memo board

    ReplyDelete