Saturday 13 October 2012

Stone Food and Drink Festival 2012



Last weekend I went on my annual pilgrimage to Stone Food Festival (2012 link found here: stonefooddrink.org.uk) and managed to find some great bits to help me on my way with National Curry week. 

Entrance to the festival is £6 each but if you sign up to the 'Enjoy Staffordshire' card you can buy one get one free! (Enjoy Staffordshire) For the amount of high quality food and drink you have access to it is well worth the price. 

The atmosphere every year is great, people keen and eager to eat food, buy food and even listen to the ramblings of salesmen who are desperately trying to convince you that you should get a cheese mill! 

One thing that I don't like is the abundance of olive stalls that seem to crop up at any food festival. One stall specifically sticks in my mind - they never add prices to their products then charge people ridiculous amounts. One of my friends (mentioning no names- Lucy!!) managed to spend well over £10 on what seemed like a handful of Olives - avoid at all costs!

Despite the above, most stall holders showed passion, enthusiasm and hunger (see what I did there?) for the event and what they do. 

If you have never been I would really recommend going next year. There are offers on around the restaurants in Stone which I would strongly encourage!

Here are a couple of websites of some attendees that helped me on my way for national curry week. 

I'm so happy that curries have got on board with the national week idea. Although I have a curry at least once per week, this event has allowed me to go that extra mile and have 3. (Note: people at work notice when I have curry as the next day a cloud of garlic follows me around)

More details of these are on my next installment....come along, you know you want to...

Eat Drink and be merry! 

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment